Wednesday, December 9, 2009

People just don't get it!!

I just got finished reading an article about the lengths that contestants would go thru to lose weight on the biggest loser in oreder to win the Grand Prize. It wasn't so much the story that infuriated me as it was the comments left by members of the uneducated public. They think that all fat people eat hoho's and ding dongs and whatever other piece of crap that think causes people to be fat. While there are plenty of people that that may be the case, the reality is that most Americans suffer from obesity because of poor diet and lack of exercise. When I make the statement poor diet, I am referring to the staples of American cuisine as it stands today. People eat tons of potatoes, rice and breads. They eat out on a regular basis and are subjected to the caloric nightmares that the restaurant industry has taught us to ignore. Most Americans partake of a diet that includes tones of processed and boxed foods. Thru it all the biggest factor is how our bodies process the food we eat. The uneductated would have you believe that if everybody ate the same foods that everybody's body would look the same. It is just false. Some people can eat out a couple times a week and then eat processed packaged foods the rest of the week and still not be obese, but put that diet in the hands of someone who's body can't process the food correctly and they will be obese. Thru this whole experience I have been educating myself more and more on how to approach my own obesity. I have made sure to drink a large amount of water on a daily basis so that people cant simply say you are dehydrated and you lost water weight. If I drink 1 ounce of water for every 20 pounds I weight then there is no way I can be dehydrated. People need to wake up and realize that the common foods that we eat on a daily basis are a recipe for physical disaster. I realize that my weight loss has slowed down from the beginning of this program, but I also realize that there are things that I need to do in order to continue to lose weight. My goal is to be at 330 - 332 pounds when I weigh in on Friday. If I can reach that weight then I will have lost 10% of my body weight in 45 days. I have been eating healthier than I ever have in my life and my body has responded very favorably. Since I change dthe way I eat, I have yet to have a single flare up of heartburn. Prior to following this program I would suffer from heartburn on an almost daily basis. My at rest pulse rate has dropped from the high 90's to the low 80's which is more in line with where it should be. My sex drive is higher and my performance is stronger as well. My mood and energy have both changed for the better as well. I never realized that the things that we eat and take for granted can be so detrimental to our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment